The fluffy omelet filled with chicken mince is super-quick yet delicious and brilliant for any meals of the day. I like my omelet just cooked, slightly brown on the outside and creamy on the inside. Drizzle dark soy sauce to your liking or kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) for a bit of sweetness.
I actually inspired by the colours of the scenery outdoor at the moment when styling this photo shoot. Can you see the colours of golden wattle and lust green field on the plate?
Spring is on its way... In the mean time, let's get ready and start cooking!!
Recipe & Photo: Lili Tu
- 500g minced chicken
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 Asian shallot, chopped
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce or sweet soy sauce
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely chop
- A small bunch of coriander for garnish
- Mix the minced chicken with salt, fish sauce, and sugar. Heat the oil in a pan; add the shallot and fry until it fragrant. Add the minced chicken, stir fry so the meat breaks apart. Cook until all the juice from the chicken just dry up.
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and half of spring onion.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add 1tablespoon oil to the pan, when it’s hot, pour in a quarter of the whisked eggs, swirl it all around the pan, then cook for a minute. Spoon in a quarter of the chicken filling. Fold the omelet in half and remove from the pan. Continue with the rest.
- Drizzle dark/sweet soy sauce and sprinkle coriander, spring onion over the omelet. Serve immediately.